Sharks defeat Bruins
The Bruins came out and played with passion and emotion. For the first period anyways. They outplayed the Sharks in all aspects of the game for the first period and a half. Then it all fell apart. They sat back and tried to protect the lead, something we have seen happen a lot over the past ten games. They no longer go in for the kill by bringing the same pressure they started with. Once they get up they sit back and play conservative, a type of style that will always end up proving to be costly.
- How awful is the powerplay? Julien needs to change it up and adjust to how the NHL adjusted to them. They can't even set up when they have a 5 on 3. They need to change it up and get Bergeron off the point.
- Bergeron, Axelsson, and Kobasew were flat out awful. They combined for a -7. Axelsson had numerous chances with the puck lying in the crease but did not drive to the net for the rebounds.
- Faceoffs killed the Bruins tonight. By winning faceoffs it gives your team possession. The Bruins won 15 and lost 33. Brutal.
- Clearly, more size up front is something the Bruins need to address before the deadline. They were outhit 39 to 25.
- What has happened to the Krejci line? Invisible again.
- Joe Thornton wasn't all too impressive tonight. He did score a fluke goal but hardly stood out when on the ice.