Your offseason predictions
1) The New York Islanders will sign Sean Avery to a 30 year deal worth 120 million. "I wanted to make sure Sean was an Islander for life...literally," said GM Garth Snow. Avery is supposed to take over as GM when he retires.
2) The Toronto Maple Leafs will sign Ryan Malone to a 5 year, 25 million dollar deal with a full NMC. "Since Jason Blake did not work out, we decided to roll the dice on another overpaid, one year wonder winger," said GM Fletcher. In 2 season, the Maple Leafs threatened to blow up Malone's house if he did not waive his NMC.
3) The New York Rangers will overpay for a sexy free agent. The Rangers will sign Mats Sundin to a 1 year, 10,000,000 deal. "Atleast he isn't going to Montreal," says GM Glen Sather.
4) The Montreal Canadiens will, in response to losing out on both Marian Hossa and Mats Sundin, sign Andrew Raycroft to a 7 year, 49 million dollar deal. "Atleast we got some REAL talent from Toronto. I mean, Sundin sucked anyways and we all know Tanguay will score 55 goals, and Razor and Price will be a top combo in the league. Like Osgood and Hasek," said a Habs fan poster on HFBoards.
5) The Edmonton Oilers will try to sign every UFA and RFA in the league, fail to do so, and then Kevin Lowe will be named one of the best GM's in the league. "Pronger for nothing, Pitkanen traded for and then away, Ryan Smyth over a few bucks, hell he sucked" Lowe said as him team also loses the lottery for the 1st overall pick.
6) Brian Burke will trade his entire team to make room for Niedermayer and Selanne.