Scrolling Marquee with text links

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

State of the Bruins per Chiarelli

From ESPN.com Rumors

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told the Boston Herald Chiarelli there is no player available who would be the answer to fill the void left by C Patrice Bergeron's injuries.
"Right now, I'd say no," Chiarelli told the Herald. "It's a quarter of the way into the season. I'd say right now everyone is still in the exploratory phase. And I'm happy the way that we've kind of stabilized a little bit (minus Bergeron) ...
"To make a trade to replace Patrice? Well, I'm operating on the assumption that he's lost for the year. But as these concussions go, it's possible that in 2-3 weeks, a month's time, he might be all right. So I'm kind of in a holding pattern in that sense."

Notes:
The Marleau rumors still won't die even after he signed the 2 year extention in the offseason. The only difference is that apparently the Flames are in the bidding for him.

Rask is back up with the club again for the game tonight in Toronto. Will we finally get a glimpse into the future? I say go for it, Thomas could use the break after the 7-4 night in Montreal.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are the rumours with marleau, I haven't heard those as of yet.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are the rumours with marleau, I haven't heard those as of yet.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably Muzz moving the other way somehow. I think tonight Muzz pots another 2 (maybe a hat trick?) and we'll slow down (not stop) on shipping Muzz out of here. I like his effort, don't ask my why. Tonight, sadly, the Bruins will close up shop real good and probably sacrifice some offense, so...what do we say? 3-0 Bruins?

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chierelli does not really have much to work with here. He has to trade something to get something and I am sure the stuff he wants to trade, no-one else wants so he is in a bind. This time of the year is tough as teams could really still go either way (up or down) so I would expect (unless something VERY one sided comes along) nothing major will happen until next year. I could be wrong, as I have know to be in the past but it's my gut feeling.
As far as Rask playing tonight, I would be surprised as the Bs need wins right now and are not in a real good position to let a rookie try and steal one. Let's just hope they don't burn out Thomas in the process. They have back-to-back games coming up anyways so he will get a rest.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen it posted on boston.com and tsn.ca - Rask is getting the start tonight. Watching the Montreal game, Thomas should have been pulled after the third goal (First one was soft, second was miscommunication and third was easy shot from far). I would be shocked if he gets a shutout - but let it be known - if Rask does show he can play at this level tonight, it's pretty much bye bye for Manny - player and mental wise.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing the same calls that Rask is starting tonight. I'm pumped.

As far as the Marleau rumors, those were on ESPN.com as well. However, they have been shot down by Spectors.

2:51 PM  
Blogger McKeon said...

manny wont be moved, no one will want him right now...be ready to part with Thomas IF any goaltender is to be moved for Rask to come up....but thats a big IF

IMO...you will not see a goalie move...the bruins want to give Rask as much experience in the minors as possible.

Did everyone here about Sigalet this weekend? If not, he collapsed from the excess smoke in the building in Worcester on Sat due to his MS...keep him in your thoughts. Great kid, showing people with MS that they can still do terrific things. I wish him the best.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i can say is

DUMP CHIARELLI!!

STUPID DOPE

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter