Scrolling Marquee with text links

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Realisitc Look on the Season

I have been sitting around pondering what this season really means and a realisitc goal. Do I think the team can win a Stanley Cup? No. As much as I want them to, I just don't see it happening.

Realistically, I can see the team slipping anywhere from 5th-10th in the conference. The Northeast division sucks besides Ottawa. Montreal is a wreck, Buffalo lost half its team. Toronto is old and have a whole bunch of issues.

Now, I am excited to see Schaefer, Fernandez, and hopefully young guys like Krejci and Lucic. Now, if Savard can have a season like last year, if Bergeron can take his game up, and if Sturm and Schaefer score along with Muzzy, then the team will be in better shape. The team needs an offensive boost. They definately improved.

Goaltending. I am SO excited to see Fernandez. I hope he will be a number 1 guy, let's see how the knee is. I want to see what Stuart and Lashoff can do.

Now, one thing makes me optomistic that the team can be a contender. No Dave Lewis. More scoring chances, we can see what Zdeno Chara really is. Setting the screen, fighting. We also have guys like Reich and Thornton.

I hope I am wrong and the team wins it all, but going into the season, I am hoping for a new style of play, an identity for the team, more toughness and improved goaltending. I also want to see our young guns. I've been hearing about other teams guys like Penner, Getzlaf, Michaelek, Clowe, Vanek, Parise. Time to see guys like Lucic and Krejci there.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real test to this team will be to see how they respond to losing a game. Last season they would play 4 or 5 good games in a row against some good teams, but as soon as they lost a game they lost the next bunch too. Sometimes by scary margins. They were so scared of losing that they got too jittery and could not find their game back. The new coach should help. How Chara captains this team will play a big part

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT WILL HELP THEY HAVE A 4 LINE THAT IS A 4 LINE

4:56 PM  
Blogger Federko said...

Holy cr@p.. Turn off the caps dude (Anonymous). Why hide behind anonymous anyways??

The B's will be better team this year than last for one reason.. coaching. Don't expect them to be a contender but at least be better. Give them another year or two before they become legitimate. Let's just enjoy the coming season and then make judgment.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fernandez is one of the most overrated goalies of the league.
Instead of getting him, we should have tried to strengthen our weak defense. Also I'm still missing another proven goalscorer.
In my eyes, the B's do not have a better team then last year.

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overrated? How do you figure that? He is considered a mid-range goalie and thats what he is, no one is saying that hes the next luongo you moron

10:41 AM  
Blogger E-Klown said...

Overrated. Are you Tim Thomas's brother-in-law?

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my reservations about Fernandez too, but he is absolutely better than Toivo was last year.

8:26 PM  
Blogger McKeon said...

Watching Fernandez in Manchester last night gave a glimpse to what he is going to be like this season. He made some solid saves all night. I love the acquisition of another Manny. Aside from one dumpy goal, Tuukka looked great as well.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave Fernandez alone

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manny Ramirez has a better glove hand. Timmy Rules!!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmy is an elite goaltender

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRUINS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFF

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tim Thomas Buttsmoocher said...
Timmy is an elite goaltender"

...for about 40 games a year.

I think we will see a near 50-50 split, maybe a little Manny heavy by 10 games or so.

9:09 AM  
Blogger McKeon said...

If anyone wants to be in my fantasy hockey league you are more than welcome too.

The Yahoo League ID is 50439 and the password is hockey.

Thanks!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This team is weaker then last season...

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea im gonna have to agreee

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

has anyone heard anything about Bergy and Sturm in the preseason? they have been strikingly absent from the scoresheets.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw highlights from the Montreal game and another loss (4-3). I think with 4 games done, 2 to go, enough of the let's see lines and let's see the full roster. Fernandez looks a little shaky, understandable, since coming off the injury and adapting to a new defence. Sometimes new players try too much to crack the team and the team suffers. Which is why we cannot pass judgement until we see the full four lines and 6 defencemen.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I mean.
What is all the fuzz about Fernandez ?
Everybody seems to think that guy alone will brings us to the SC finals.
He was mediocre before his heavy injury and never came back to his old strength since then.
We shoul try to improve defense and get another proven goalscorer...

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks ok, don't get me wrong - and it is preseason. But as I looked on, I couldn't help but think if we had Fernandez, Thomas and Toivonen battling who would rise. As I stated before, Toivonen could have risen as the backup for the beginning, trade Thomas cuz of his age and higher salary. By the way, Kessel is the real deal. Last year he was very scared, very cutious - this preseason he's flying and making plays like he knows what needs to be done. I never thought I'd say this, but looks like we can some depth up front.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter