Scrolling Marquee with text links

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Lucic undisclosed injury - day to day

Milan Lucic missed practice today with an undisclosed injury. His status is day-to-day. Apparently Lucic injured himself in last night's 1-0 loss to Minnesota. Shawn Thornton skated in his place on the third line today.

"We'll see how he feels tomorrow and go from there," said Julien. "As I mentioned to you guys at the beginning of the year, there's certain times where we're going to protect our players, and I think this is one of the times we're going to protect our player. We'll leave it at an 'injury.'"

After rewatching the game, I could not see anything noticeably wrong with Lucic. Hopefully it is a minor injury which doesn't prevent him from playing tomorrow night. The Bruins lack depth at the left wing position, specifically left-handed shooting left wingers.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with the injury to Looch, but I was looking at the western allstars, and it got me thinking about the east that are being announced tomorrow.

How many Bruins do you think will make the cut? I'm sure Chara will be on the blueline, but who else? Savard and Thomas do deserve to be there but there is only so many slots to be filled. Kessel? probably could be on that team as well...

Who knows. 4 Bruins on the team would equal the asshole Habs. That'd be nice.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

krecji should get consideration as well, but unlikely to make it since it is only his second season.

bruins allstars
chara
savard
thomas

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No lucic - Bergeron career ending concussion - Sturm out for the season - Kobasew playing like shit. Looks like about 11M dollars which can be replaced - I know they are playing well but I think it is time for a blockbuster trade - Both Kovelchuck and Bowmeester -
I would be a little pissed if Lucic got traded but he would be seriously looked at by other teams.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bergerons career is not over who told you that bullshit ? Simon Gagne took just as much beating to his head and he still keeps coming back why is Bergeron Different

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inside scoop from a friend of his family. You will see next week when he has his press conf. Why do you think it has been kept so quiet about his injury status.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude its hard to believe I guess ill wait see. I just know if it was myself and I worked my ass off to make it into the NHL it would take more then 2 head shots to put of down. I would take 8 or 9 like Lindros before I would hang up my skates .

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you want to leave hockey like Lindos - he was short a few marlbes before he came in the NHL.
Hockey is a great game but I would not risk my life with 8-9 concusions - I would rather leave with my brains intact and a respected player unlike Lindros - he has the IQ of a tomato now.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter