Scrolling Marquee with text links

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I am liking the Ryder deal more

Okay think about it, imagine if a 28 year old winger had come off 3 seasons of 25, 30, 30 goals.  Wouldn't you be after him?  Yes!  Because he had a bad season, everyone is pissed.  But, he fell out of favor from his coach and struggled, happens to players.  If Ryder had done 17, 25, 30, 30, he would have been getting 4.5+ million.  Aside from Hossa, he has been one of the most, if not the most consistent young forward in the market.  I don't know but I am liking the Ryder deal more and more now.  A

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am liking this trade more and more. I like the way Julian is managing the team and he knows what will fit. No reason why Ryder will not return to his former self, especially under Julian's wing. Being a big scorer in the PP is a plus, too. it's demoralizing for the opponent. He then has to back off tight defense or give up more potentially successful PP opportunities when you score a lot of PP and we haven't been successful in that dept. lately

30 goals for $4mil, I 'd rather have 2 - 30 goal scorers for $8 mil than one. One is easier to blanket cover than 2 players. Who wouldn't like a team with 12 - 30 goal scorers?

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from michigan, I think Ryder is a GREAT fit!! Hat's off to PC I like the way the team is coming together. Alot of good things can come out of this team there are building. IS IT OCTOBER YET!!!!!!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter