The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same
Savard, a cracked bone in his back, and Kobasew, fractured tibia, won't be seeing game action any time soon. Once again, how many things have to actually go wrong before it's too much?
I don't think I could be rooting for the B's anymore than I am now. If they are able to make it to the playoffs with a band of rookies, some aftermarket players, and one Norris trophey candidate, it will be improbable and unbelievable.
As always, lets go B's.
Lets take a short look at the injuries so far this season.
- Patrice Bergeron - Grade 3 concussion, out since October
- Andrew Alberts - Concussion, neck problems, out since November
- Manny Fernandez - Knee, has missed almost all season
- Tim Thomas - Groin, missed several games
- Zdeno Chara - Shoulder, missed 5 games
- Marc Savard - Cracked bone in back, out indefinitely
- Chuck Kobasew - Fracutred tibia, out at least a month
- Aaron Ward - Ankle/Back - missed portions of the season
- Andrew Ference - Sprained knee, Misssed past few games, will be missing more
- Glen Murray - Groin, missed significant time
Feel free to add on anymore casualties as this could be just a short list. We have lived and died by compensating for injuries this season and it will be no different in the remaining 6 games. So, sit back and enjoy, as this should be interesting.