Been a long time since my last post. A lot going on in the past month so sorry for the lack of posts. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the Bruins of late.
- Congrats to Marc Savard, Tim Thomas, Zdeno Chara, and Milan Lucic for making the All-Star game and the Youngster AS team. Chara has been one of the best defenders in the East all seasons and Savard has shown he is an elite playmaker and is finally getting recognition. Lucic has been great and good to see him go to the youngsters game. Now to Thomas. Who would have though he would ever be an all-star? He has proved a lot of people wrong, including me, and it is odd to say, but the Bruins have an all-star goalie. When I see Alex Auld in net, I really realize how good TT is.
- I disagree with Milbury's comments about Kessel and how he his flaws are fatal. First off, this is a guy who made awful trades with the Isles, trading Chara, Spezza, Jokinen, Luongo, and so on. The Pitino of the NHL. While Kessel hasn't been Ovechkinesque out of the gate, he is progressing well. Every time he has the puck he has the ability to score. His game has improved a lot since last season. As many people know, forwards usually take a few seasons to find their game.
- 8-2 Montreal loss. Now, I think this is a case of a bad matchup. The Bruins just don't match up well with them. The Habs skate around the Bruins at ease, and beat the trap. The Bruins get down early against them and the Bruins offense isn't capable at coming back down 2 goals often.
- The lack of offense is killing the Bruins. Missing guys like Murray and Bergeron doesn't help. The Bruins need to go out and acquire a sniper, a guy like Hossa. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bruins make a run at thim this offseason and during the deadline.
- Peter Schaefer has been a bum all season. He seems like a lazy player and he hasn't live up to my expectations. I wouldn't mind trading him to rid us of his 2.1 million cap hit.
- Dennis Wideman has been great this season. I still wouldn't deal Boyes for him still, but Wideman has emerged as the 2nd best defender on the team and I think Claude has done a great job with him.
I'll try to get back to posting more regularly, as for the game vs. the Isles, this will be a very important game, since the difference between 6 and 8 is starting to separate a little.