Scrolling Marquee with text links

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

I believe a deal will happen soon. There is talk all around the league and I've been compiling the rumors to sort through here... Let's go on the assumption Stuart is dealt. Although money is a big issue with Salaries, forget trying to figure who has what money cause a deal is coming whether we like it or not, and at this point we can just speculate. I also will not include draft picks or prospects:

Stuart Rumors

SJ Carle and Bernier to Boston BR 2
EDM Torres and Bergeron BR 2.5
PHX Doan BR 2
St.L Involved somehow BR ????
MTL Samsonov/Rivet Rivet/Aebischer BR -1 due to it being MTL, 3rd team involved here.
and others to say the least. I think all 29 other teams want Stuart if the price is right....

How about Theodore... another rumor out there? BR 2

Our buddy Kessel. This one shocked me:

CGY for Phaneuf (Stuart would be gone for sure, cause Dion salary will be high) BR 1.5

St. Louis (the team) rumors persist.

Brewer could be a bruin in as little as a week. BR 2.5
Guerin is up for grabs too.

Tampa rumors are all but gone, There was a chance that one of the big three would move...

Philly and Forsberg. I wouldn't waste my breath. Petr is all but done at this point. He's had a great career and needs to hang em up so Philly can move forward.

I've also had a blip on the radar about Tucker from TO. Not likely though.

The deal I would like to see happen that would never happen in a million years:

Bos - Stuart, Sturm and Primeau whatever else needs to go.
To reunite the team canada line with Bergeron and Boyes. I will not mention any names as this could jinx it. Then the JT trade would look brilliant!

Maybe two or all three of these guys will go over the coming weeks. Whatever happens is sure to cause discussion as it will show whether we are in the stretch run or giving up till next year.

Stay tuned....

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

If the Kessel for Phaneuf deal went through, I'd be shocked...in a good way. I love Kessel, but defense wins championships. Honestly, Kessel could be very easily replaced. Offense isn't that hard to find, especially in the new NHL, where numerous people can pot 20+ goals.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where r these rumors coming from? are these your ideas?

2:38 PM  
Blogger Scotianuck said...

Fraid I can't take the credit for a single one of these. Sources include e-mails, websites, forums and of course the almighty sports media (some radio. t.v, etc.) You would be really surprised with some of the stuff I don't even bother with. If you were to source even some of the links off of this forum you will find some of these mentioned. Happy hunting!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Pekese said...

Kessel for Phaneuf would never happen. I would love to see it but Phaneuf is loved in Calgary.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter