Scrolling Marquee with text links

Sunday, October 22, 2006

More on Muzzy/Nabokov

From HockeyBuzz

Interesting trade rumor that just came across my desk from two seperate soures. The Bruins Glenn Murray is looking as strong as he has in a while, and one source tells me that that he heard the the Bruins have inquired about Nabokov. The Sharks have two number 1 goalies, and I continue to hear that Toskala is their guy.

I just also heard that Dupont has speculated on this in today's Boston Globe, so I just called my source who said to me, "That may be more than speculation, because I know the names have been discussed."Here's what's interesting. These are two guys with salaries that many of us thought made them "untradeable." But if they get traded for one another...I will stay on it.

Rated as an e2 on Ek's rumor scale.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would probably pull the trigger on the trade. But then where does the offense come from? Karsums and Kalus up from Providence?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Latrappe said...

The only point that all hockey writers agrees is that SJ would ask for a player and a high draft pick. I don't buy the whole " SJ will not trade Nabalov ". Nabokov was shopped this summer so...

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This deal makes absolutely no sence for the Bruins unless they expect Nabokov to chip in with some scoring as well. Toivonen has been a bit rusty so far but I can't beleive that after all we have seen of him that suddenly he is no good. We all thought that of Raycroft and look how that's working out. With Rask coming on board in the next couple of seasons, we will be set with our goaltending. No need for Nabokov's salry in there. We have only been scoring an average of 2 goals per game and Murray has a good chunk of those. Take him away, and it won't matter who plays net, we won't win. The way Murray is playing, is his salary really that obscene? If we are going to trade him, we need to get some forward prospects in return. The guy is on pace for 48 goals. I'm sure their are a few teams who would like him on their roster right now.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter