Scrolling Marquee with text links

Friday, January 09, 2009

News and Notes from 1/9/09

Lots of news happening today in Bruins land. First off Patrice Bergeron addressed the media today. Patrice Bergeron is confident he will return to action this season. There is no timetable on his return but this is excellent news.

“I’m very confident I will play this year. It’s a matter of when. That’s why I don’t want to put a date on it and get disappointed like I was last year during the playoffs,” Bergeron stated.

Marco Sturm will undergo surgery on his knee. He may miss the remainded of the season. With Sturm out the Bruins need to address their left wing depth. A move for free agent Brendan Shanahan is a possibility. However, the Bruins may elect to wait until the deadline to try and acquire a veteran lefthanded shooting winger, especially if none of the younger players step up.

Martin St. Pierre and Vladmir Sobotka have both been assigned back to Providence. Both struggled last night and did not look good defensively. The Bruins now only have ten healthy forwards on their current roster.

Milan Lucic will miss tomorrow afternoon's game against the Hurricanes. He should be ready to go Tuesday against Montreal.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jefe77 said...

This is the best news in 2 weeks.

I was starting to lose sleep mulling whether he might retire.

Bruins jersey #'s to take; 17, 91, 81 and of course 37.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerseys I have are # 33 # 37 # 81 and I just got the new jersey with # 17 the next one I want to get is # 46. I also have three oldies # 4 # 8 # 77 I had a chance to get # 35 Moog and now that I didnt Im kicking myself in the ass. My wife says Im Crazy I just cant help it I see a new hat or a jersey with a name on it that I dont have I buy it. I most be getting close to 30 hats KNOW word of lie. Fallse Ontario

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta go with 46, krejci is a magician with the puck.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

46 is a good choice, but if he's a free agent after this year, it might be as wise of an investment as leaf fans buying eric lindros #88 jerseys.

I'm going to buy a #1 Reggie Lemelin jersey...or a Marty Reasoner.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mook - again you show how uninformed you are...Krejci is an RFA at the end of the year...not a UFA

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jefe77 said...

Got my #4 and #77 signed, but not my #8!!!! Doh...

Also, anyone want to buy an authentic Koho black #19, signed? I'll package it up with a B's puck, a JT bobblehead, and two 8 x 10 JT glossies. All signed by #19, for $400.

No Bruins fan takers? Didnt think so.

Offer still stands though and you'll find it on Ebay this month.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Pekese said...

I need to get myself a jersey as well. Probably going to get the black Lucic or a white Krejci.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are people forgetting numbers 7 & 22?

1:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

im gonna go with 22 for Willie O'Fuckin Ree. woohoo. in all honesty i dont buy jerseys with numbers and names on them cause of all too often free agency and trades. i love this team and all the players but who knows from year to year if that player you put on your back is gonna be here again the following season. i dont like to be a negative nancy but thats just how i feel.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter