Scrolling Marquee with text links

Friday, October 13, 2006

Game Reaction

Unlike Latrappe, I am not about to jump of the Toban Bridge. Look it is 4 games into the season, we are 1-2-1, which is not bad considering the 5 game road trip. If we, which we should, beat the Isles on Saturday, it will be a good trip. It is the beginning of the season, and we will have a nice long home streak.

Now, the PP unit was horrible. They were 0 for 5 or somewhere along those lines. Unacceptable. If you want to be a consistant team, and make it far into the playoffs you need ATLEAST a 20% sucession rate.

The defense. Well Dempsey we know sucks, but York don't be so quick to judge. York is a good defenseman, but will likely get tossed out of the lineup when Mark Stuart comes back. The only issue with the defense is the lack of ability to clear the puck. If they can work on being able to clear the puck better, they will be fine. I would also like to see them more involved in the offensive play.

No blame goes to Tim Thomas. He played an excellent game, and it was the defense's fault on the 2 goals.

Shootout, we need to learn to score on those. Last year, and this shootout, we seem to have trouble scoring. Something Lewis needs to work on.

Ok now to the main point to the game. YOU CANNOT BLOW 2 GOAL LEADS LATE IN THE THIRD. Look, this is typical Bruins. You need to play A FULL 60 MINUTES to win. Period. When the Bruins learn this, they will be successful. It is a matter of time and disapline.

8 Comments:

Blogger BomberDrz said...

I've said it from the begining of the season this team needs 10-15 games to gel the talent is there but the chemistry isn't. If after 15 games we see the same results then yes I will panic until then it's a learning curve for all players. The lack of chemisrty on the top lines seems like it wouldn't be as much of a problem if Lewis had kept Sturm with Bergeron and Boyes. That line knew each other and had the chemistry that's been missing with them together than only Savards line has to get to know each other. Axelsson and Primeau already knew each other and their style is complmented by Donovan nicely. 4th line shouldn't be a problem as they play6-7 minutes a game and just throw checks and crash the net. The D has the same problems as the top lines they don't know each other and it's so different you can't have any of the same pairings as last year, mybe Stuart and Stuart when Mark is back, so they need to get to know each other's habit and the goalies need to learn them also.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Latrappe said...

In french, we say : être en crisse which mean pissed off.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Latrappe said...

I wish they will prove me wrong but i'm tired of excuses and clichés. They seems to never learn, even after a desastrous year, they make the same mistake again and again...

10:31 PM  
Blogger BomberDrz said...

I think my point has been missed. I'll be pissed also if this continues all season but a team with 9 new skaters needs more than 4 road games, all of which were home openers for the apposing team, to mesh no excuses and no cliches if after 10-15 games it's not better than yes they do suck and you have every reason to be pissed. Until then I'll not judge them based on 4 games.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Latrappe said...

I agree with what you said it's probably the fact that it remind me last year so i was ready to fire at will very fast :-).

7:06 AM  
Blogger BomberDrz said...

After 10 or 15 games if it hasn't changed fire away I know I will be.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I'll add that I see a lot of positives that people aren't talking about much. Here are some:

o Chara and Mara are an awsome pairing!

o The PK is very, very good.

o We may have the best 3rd line in the league.

o Bergeron is quietly living up the hype after his signing. This guy is the real deal!

If this team figures out how to finish they should make the playoffs. This is the new NHL: two goals aren't enough. With the D handcuffed by the rules they should be scoring 3-5 goals per game.

Greg

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said, "The PK is very, very good."

I don't know what I was thinking. Their PK is actually pretty bad. Maybe I got them mixed up with my NHL 2007 team. They do look a lot alike..

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter