Scrolling Marquee with text links

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stuart to be Traded?

Brad Stuart said the following.

From the Boston Herald,

When asked if he wanted to stay in Boston yesterday, Stuart was noncommittal.

“That all depends on how things go. I’m hoping to, for sure but I haven’t decided one way or the other,” he said.

He does figure, like most other observers, that if something doesn’t get done by the 27th, he’ll be wearing another uniform on Feb. 28.

“Probably, but I don’t know. I’d have to be prepared for it, I guess. It’s a business nowadays and that’s the way it is,” said Stuart.

From the Boston Globe,

Speculation persists that Brad Stuart, an unrestricted free agent as of July 1, will not agree to terms on a new deal in the Hub of Hockey, which could force GM Peter Chiarelli to trade him prior to the Feb. 27 deadline.
"I haven't made up my mind yet, if that's what you are asking," said Stuart. According to Stuart, agent Pat Brisson had informal contract conversations with Chiarelli last month, and he believes the two chatted again recently. "But I'm not really sure -- truth is, I haven't heard anything," said the ex-Shark.

Matt's Take: This doesn't look good. I believe that the Bruins are going, or have, offered a deal worth in the 5 million range. This could be a case of Stuart not wanting to be in Boston or thinking he can make 6+ million somewhere else. I hope he resigns, we all do, but he could be dealt. If the Bruins are in contention, then he could still be kept.

2 Comments:

Blogger Latrappe said...

I think Stuart is wrong to think that he will get more then 5 per for his services. He's good for sure but when you look at Pronger and Jovo contracts; Stuart is not in a position to ask for more then 4 to 4.5 per.
PC have the obligation to try to retain Stuart's services but he have to look at a bigger pricture here. A package involving Stuart might generate something interesting for the team and his future. I would like to see him in Beantown but i guess there's two or three factors at play here that are stronger then any pitch that the B's can make.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I agree. If you are going to trade him, trade him like he is under contract for a year or two more. I don't want some halfass prospect and a 6th round pick. I want equivalent talent or a top prospect.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter