Scrolling Marquee with text links

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thornton who?

Nothing new in teh rumour mill and just wanted to comment on last night's game.Days like this... it's great to be a Bruins fan. Sorry to jump the gun, but, it was one of the first games I've seen this year, and besides a few moments, the B's looked unbeatable. Thomas was fantastic and actually jumped when he was beaten he was soo mad, I thought that was great, what a goalie. Murray's nod to Bergeron in the first after his goal, sweet. The boys look like they were having fun, playing their game and made the Sens look Sens-less.
Bergy was on fire! Am I wrong? A Career night with five helpers all of them effortless! Savard was excellant! Sturm broke out! I woke up today saw Sportsnet and am really not missing Joe right now.
I mean compare Patrice's (tied for 17th) stats:
31 gp 10 g 27 a 37 pts and -2

to his or Savard's (tied for 10th)...
31 gp 11 g 30 a 41 pts and +3

and here is Thornton (tied for 15th):
34 gp 9 g 30 a 39 pts and -5

They wouldn't be where they are right now if he was still on the team. Can't wait to see what awaits the club in April!
Whoo-Hoooooooo GO Bruins GO! Next up is Vancouver. I'll give you the score now:
Bruins 5
Canucks 1
Enjoy the feeling boys and girls, I feel the start of something good here.

Scotianuck
(I'm hyped it was an awesome game! Any body for more Coffee?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it always dangerous to make such a comparaison between two players. There's no doubt that Savard look great and that it make Murray look good too but that's exactly what Thornton did, last year, with his line teammates.

We cannot compare Thornton to Savard because i think there's a different " state of mind " in Beantown with a new management. Thornton was stuck with MOC, Harry and co. Like i said, in another post, Thornton was DOA in that situation. To be fair, we would have to put Thorton in the same position a Savard to see how JT would have produce with the team.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From THN: "He was nervous," Thomas said of Chara. "He wanted to have a good homecoming and not be embarrassed. I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but it was important for me to help him out."

I think that says it all, doesn't it? I love this team! And that's "Team" with a capitol "T".

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter