Scrolling Marquee with text links

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Phil Kessel; Only 18

I am going to be the first to admit it, I was wrong about my thoughts on Kessel. I really thought he should be in the minors at 18 and learn some more hockey. I was clearly wrong.

In the beginning of the season, he did not look all that impressive, he showed some flash, but not much. Then he came down with an unfortunate case of testicular cancer. I don't know how to say this, but the cancer seemed to "mature" Phil into a better player. When he came back he looked like a whole new player. He matured and by the end of the season, he looked like he belonged here.

My point though, he is ONLY 18!!! Think of it this way, he could be in the NHL for 10 more seasons, and still only be 28! That'd be a guy in the middle of or entering his prime, 10 seasons into the NHL. This kid is special, and I don't think all Bruins' fans realize how good he is. He may not be a Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin, but he is in the tier below them. He will be a superstar in the NHL. And remember, he is only 18!

The team has a core of young players. Bergeron 20, Kessel 18, Marchand, Lucic, Kalus, Krecji, the list goes on. This team will be successful just on their farm alone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually kessel is 19...

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Bergeron's 21. Going to be 22 in July.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Kessel was 18 during the season. and yes good correction on Bergeron, I was looking at nhlnumbers and they had him listed at 20.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter