Scrolling Marquee with text links

Monday, June 11, 2007

Cap to be 50+ Million

Various reports are out that the cap will be set between 50-52 million. We will call it 50 million for fantasy offseason purposes. This gives the Bruins almost 12 million to spend. They have 4 RFA's, only 3 which I see worth retaining (Alberts, Bochenski, Wideman). They will likely cost 2 million, so let's call it 10 million to spend on UFA's. Bruins currently have 2 G, 6 D, and 12 F under contract.

Sturm-Savard-Murray
(UFA)-Bergeron-Bochenski
(UFA)-Kessel-Kobasew/Kalus
Axelsson-Mowers-Donovan

Chara-Ward
(UFA)-Alberts
Wideman/Lashoff-Ference

(UFA)?/Toivonen
Thomas

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd change your lines a bit. I'd like to see Kessel on the wing with Savard and Murray. It would allow him the chance to produce with two veterans on the line. I'd put Sturm back with Bergeron since they have some chemistry together. You also forgot about Chistov. I'd play Chistov on the wing on your third line. That way you only need a center, a defense man and a goalie.
If I were going to go big, it would be on the goalie. If we could get Giguere for around 5.5 to 6 I would go for it. But I think too many teams will be in the running. Otherwise I'd sign a Goalie to tandem with Thomas. Like Thibault, Aebischer, Weekes or Burke. If we go second tier, then we should beef up the defense and go after Rafalski, de Vries, or Modry. And the third line center would look great with Yanic Perrault there. His experience and face-off percentage would be massive for this team.

Kessel-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Bergeron-Bochenski
Chistov-Perrault-Kobasew
Axelsson-Mowers-Donovan

Alberts-Chara
Rafalski-Ference
Wideman-Ward

Thomas-Thibault

Just my 2 cents!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ward and chara suck together. split them up. maybe get rid of ward hes slow and old.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter