Scrolling Marquee with text links

Friday, September 15, 2006

Tkachuk Looking Good

Blues franchise LW Keith Tkachuk has reported to training camp, and reports say he is looking real good. He has lost 30 pounds, and is only 10 percent body fat. Last year, he was sent home from camp after weighing in a 263 pounds.

"I knew I had to be better than last year. Obviously I wasn't ready," Tkachuk said. "This year I was determined for pride. I want to go out and try to be one of the top wingers in the game. I want to get back to that. And I felt I needed a lot of work. "

Playing only 41 games, Tkachuk managed to put up 36 points (15-21), enough for the Blues to pick up the US$3.8-million option left on his contract.

*It is very good news to hear Tkachuk is back. He is a great guy, and it will be tough for him to return to his former self. He used to be considered one of the top LW in the game when he was the the Coyotes and Jets. I bet Tkachuk is come back player of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter