Scrolling Marquee with text links

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Bruins Cap Space

Ok, I've looked at sites, and blogs, and this that and the otherthing and almost NO ONE has reported the correct amount of cap space. Now, using the information which is VERY accurate from the salary site listed under my links, (Mark Stuart is listed as 1.580 million, but that is a glitch, he will actually earn around 500,000) the Bruins payroll, including Zhamnov and Buyouts is $42,375,000. That's $1,625,000 in Cap Space. Now MINUS Zhamnov's deal with is $4,100,000, their Cap Number is $38,275,000. That leaves $5,725,000 in Cap Space.

*I've been getting a lot of comments on my Gionta piece, and there is enough cap room to sign him, around 3.5 million and still have money to sign Leetch or get a player at the deadline.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see the Bruins are not right up against the cap like others have been saying.
If I were the Bruins, resigning Brad Stuart to a 3-4 year contract would be my priority. If Leetch would sign a contract under $1 million with some bonus clauses, I'd be fine with that, I figure Leetch owes the Bruins about $3 million for his performance last year.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that you nor many others take into account in your b's cap number is Kessel. I fully expect him to be on the lineup come opening day. I know he's a rookie, but his cap number should be factored in(850K) because the b's will not use that money to sign another player.

Also, a lot of rumors floating around about Zhamnov- what is his REAL status? Could he come back? Is he out months? The year? What's the deal???

JP

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter