Scrolling Marquee with text links

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gionta News

Brian Gionta has been invited to training camp, but may not accept. He would have to buy insurance incase of an injury. He is beleived to be seeking a deal worth around 3.5 million dollars a year. Some sources say a team could possibly come in a give Gionta a 3.99 million dollar offer sheet. If the Devils don't match, they would receive a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick from the team who signed him.

Source: www.thefourthperiod.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous MacK said...

3 draft picks is a pretty good deal for one of the best goal scorers in the league. The Bruins should offer him Zhamnov's $4.1 million. Can the Bruin's spend that $4.1 mill yet? Or is it true that they have to wait until Zhamnov misses 10 games before his money doesn't count against their cap?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I am not quite sure on the deal with Zhamnov's contract, I think they have to wait and see, but I can imagine he will never play in a B's uniform again. As for the picks, that may be a little steep, but I am for it. I don't know if they can sign Gionta though with Zhamnov still in the books.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I thought i heard somewhere that Zhamnov injury was to serve for him to play agian so the bruins are almost a lock to get zhamnov 4.1 off the books

Hurry Up October 6th

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter